måndag 4 februari 2008

Jo, just det: Veckans låt

Eulogy av Tool.

Standing above the crowd
he had a voice so strong and loud.
And I swallowed his façade
‘cause I'm so eager to identify
with someone above the ground
someone who seemed to feel the same.
Someone prepared to lead the way
someone who would die for me.

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me? Don't you fucking lie.
Don't you step out of line. Don't you fucking lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.
Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?

You had a lot to say.
You had a lot of nothing to say.

Come down.
Get off your fucking cross.
We need the fucking space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified for your sins and your lies.
Goodbye...

Inga kommentarer: